The city of Jacksonville is gearing up for its annual Fourth of July celebration over the St. John's River in downtown Jacksonville.
Viewing groups will be organized on the North and South bank of the river, right outside of the Jacksonville Landing. The fireworks show starts at 9:45 p.m. and is expected to last 12 to 15 minutes.
Prior to the fireworks show, join other residents at the Jacksonville Landing for food, drinks and family friendly fun.
Admission is free for pre and post-fireworks activities. Several bands will also be performing in the Jacksonville Landing courtyard. Here's the full lineup:
- Mr. Natural 3-7 p.m.
- Navy Band Southeast Pride 7:30-9:30 p.m.
- 5×7 Band 10 p.m.-2 a.m.
Bleacher seating is available behind the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts. Curbside parking is free in downtown Jacksonville after 6 p.m., but expect spaces to fill up quickly. Parking at a special event rate of $10 is available in the following downtown garages:
- West Court House Lot (300 Court House Drive)
- Yates Parking Garage (200 East Adams Street)
- Water Street Garage (541 West Water Street)
- West Forsyth Lot (24 West Forsyth Street)
- Bay Street Lot (107 Bay Street)